Saturday, August 2, 2014

Souvenir Centre & Smarter City

We opened up another entry to Eco Park yesterday. There is a Visitor Plaza here that will orient visitors to first acquaint themselves with Eco Park, guide on what to do and see inside and also to be a meeting point and adda zone for friends. While other facilities including e-banking will come in this plaza gradually, we opened a souvenir centre yesterday itself. One can buy mementos from the centre. I myself bought as the first customer a set of six picture postcards. Here they are:

Set of six picture postcards available at Sovenir Centre at Gate 4
 Here is a view of the plaza from the gate at main road:
Visitor Plaza
Here is a press clipping:
Khabar 365 dt 2 Aug 2014

Ebela dt 2 Aug 2014
************
I was happy to attend today an event at City Centre 2 at New Town Kolkata launching Eastern India's first SBI-IN-TOUCH e-banking store. I was happy that it was a step forward towards making New Town a Smart City. Asctress Koel Mallick and footballer Baichung Bhutia were the star attractions. A photo on my Sony camera:
At City Centre 2, Rajarhat
On my return after the event, I walked past the new computer Gaming Centre at Eco Park and discussed with Rateira how to make the Game Zone more attractive. A reflection photo:
Photo of the door to Gaming Centre:
See bottom right (circled in red): my reflection
New Town Bulletin dt 1 Aug 2014
While walking, I also noticed that works on Wax Museum across Eco Park was progressing:

* * *
In the morning, I attended a programme of WBIDFC and Bharat Sevasram Sangha at Rabindra Tirtha. It consisted of distribution of cycling and training certificates to village youth around New Town. The programme / training was organised by Bharat Sevasram Sangha while the funding was by WBIDFC under CSR:

At Rabindra Tirtha this morning


3 comments:

  1. Hi...Just a suggestion...Why not have a GO-KARTING Track.....I do not know there is enough space for this or not available around the Gaming Zone....but my guess is it will be a great attraction and a crowd puller...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice looking Visitor Plaza....
    Hope Sovenier center have good T-shirts/Caps related to Eco park & Kolkata
    GO-Karting will be very good idea.... as its popular with new generation....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty motivating for people like me in the tourism industry. My best wishes to Team HIDCO who have really done a praiseworthy job to add another feather in the tourist destination map of Kolkata.

    ReplyDelete