Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Markets in New Town

Today was the last day for buying brochures for applying for shops or stalls in three markets of New Town. The last date for depositing filled-up forms is on 15th May. Even now, 138 applications have been deposited in the banks against a total of 101 shops / stalls available. The number of forms purchased is 6,207. Let us see how many of these are deposited within the deadline.
I visited the IA block market today. It is complete in almost all respects. Here is a photo:

Market awaiting allotment.
Picture taken today
* * *
A theatre workshop on a rare form of martial arts is being organised in Rabindra Tirtha by a theatre group of Kolkata. They have taken a hall on hire. A photo:

Theatre workshop in Rabindra Tirtha
 * * *
Here are two clippings:

Times of India dt 29.4.2014


1 comment:

  1. I am a avid reader and contributor to your blog. However, I am using an alias this time as I wish to highlight a very important problem and do not wish to be identified.
    I have recently got my building plan sanctioned for my plot in AA-IIB. Unfortunately, I was prevented from commencement of work by the local people (land losers) who have laid down extremely unfair demands, thereby making it impossible to start construction.
    As the Chairman of HIDCO and NKDA, what steps do you suggest we common people take to sort out this issue? As I understand, this issue is now bothering all the plot holders and many of them are delaying their construction because of this. Even the flat owners of nearby housing complexes are constantly facing harassment. Going to the police is also not a viable option, for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete