Saturday, November 30, 2013

SBR and trench less technology for Halisahar

Writing from Delhi airport. Attended Empowered Standing Committee meeting at Ministry of Environment and Forest yesterday. Our sanitation project for Halisahar was approved. I'd been to Halisahar - a 2 hour drive from Slat Lake - and seen the black waters pour out into the Hoogly. I mentioned this experience in my presentation. This is a Rs 274 cr project that involves 70% Govt of India grants and 30% State Government funds. I mentioned that because of land scarcity, we have to use state of the art SBR technology. SBR stands for sequential Batch Reactor, a method that treats waste water through a technology that retains water just so long as is required to clean it (20 BOD and 30 TSS). World Bank suggested using trenchless technology to lay down pipes. I welcomed it since it would minimize road cutting and so cause less inconvenience to residents.
(It is 12 dec C outside now)

4 comments:

  1. Really nice blog and wonderful shard to trench less technology, thanks author for your great post
    Concord trenchless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I learn more about trenchless technology? My friend told me about a company called Mudix and he said that they use trenchless technology. After my friend finished talking to me, I decided that I want to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a magnificent article! I'm just learning about this technology and how to account for all of its potential. What would you recommend when finding this for my business?
    Celine | http://www.mudix.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trenchless technology would be great for this project. I love hearing about struggling communities receiving aid. If only more companies were taking the service initiative like your is. http://www.mudix.com.au

    ReplyDelete