Saturday, November 23, 2013

Protecting Khowai

I visited Bolpur yesterday. There has been a High Court judgment recently that prohibits any construction till a development plan is notified that will protect the Khowai areas and prevent indiscriminate building construction. I learnt that Khowai is an undulating red laterite soil formation typical of Shantiniketan. I spoke to District Magistrate, SDO, Sriniketan Shantiniketan Development Authority, Jogen Chowdhury, Chairman Bolpur Municipality and Viswabharati Registrar and other officers. I will submit my observations to the Governemnt next week.
* * *
Here are few press clippings:

Salt Lake Telegraph dt 23.11.13 


1 comment:

  1. Two newspaper reports today:
    Tax Clock ticks on Newtown, Newtown to remain "Newtown"
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/newtown-rajarhat-kolkata/cS3sErE0aio

    ReplyDelete