Saturday, September 22, 2012

Monorail and Mumbai Roadshow

We had the Mumbai Roadshow on Financial Hub in Kolkata today evening. This was at the Taj Lands End, Mumbai. The following institutions were present: - Infrastructure Advisors - Edelweiss Tokyo - IndusInd Bank - Yes Bank - Citibank - L&T Infra - LIC HFL - DBS - IDBI Mutual - Dena Bank - SBI Capital - ICICI - Stock Holding Corporation - Kotak Mahindra - Asset Reconstruction Company - Future Capital - Dena Bank - Corporate Storytellers - ILF&S etc Minister Firhad Hakim delivered the keynote address. Mr Arun Saha, MD ILF&S gave a special address. I made a presentation; here is a photo:
* * * Earlier, we went to see the monorail project now being implemented in Mumbai. We even rode into a monorail for a short distance. We debated the pros and cons of a monorail vis-a-vis light rail in New Town. Here are two pics:
*

5 comments:

  1. Are you planning to upload the presentation in HIDCO website ? Do let us know.
    Pretty decent lineup of companies it seems.

    So how was the excitement ...Any serious inquiry?
    Or the industry showed an attitude of "Ok..Just another presentation " ? Any particular set of demands by the industry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see that we are thinking of having Monorail in Kolkata.
    As I mentioned earlier, it was my dream.
    I would like to see it not only in Newtown, but through out the City of Joy, where traffic is a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the roadshow. I am sure that with you in charge, success is bound to come; sooner or later.
    However, since this is a blog and a blog warrants diverse opinion - I would like to contribute my bit as well :)

    I am not a finance guy and I don't have any suggestion on how should you approach this. But I am an IT professional; and from that perspective, I believe that the WBHIDCO website and the almost dormant Financial Hub link in it have a scope to improve. They need to be more professional looking. Again, I don't know if the decision makers would actually see the website before investing, but it certainly gives an edge. I also have a feeling that WBIDC and the state finance ministry is not involved in this - something that is strange considering that it is a finance related hub and proposed investors are involved.

    Nevertheless, I am amazed to see the effort of your team behind this and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echoing similar sentiments as the previous post, full marks to Mr. Sen for his dynamic leadership and efforts. However, one feels that there is something lacking in the whole effort. Maybe there are some constraints that we dont know of.

    I also agree that HIDCO website needs a major revamp. Also there should be a separate website for the Financial Hub and should be branded separately.

    An example could be http://giftgujarat.in/

    Why can we not have a website of similar nature? I am sure that it will create a much stronger impact than now.






    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir, any update as to when LRTS/monorail might be implemented in Kolkata.

    ReplyDelete