Thursday, April 5, 2012

Post Office for New Town

I wrote twice and even spoke a few days ago to the CPMG (Chief Post Master General, West Bengal), requesting early construction of a post office in New Town. A land was handed over to Postal authorities way back in 2004 or so.
Recently, the Government of India has also been requested to speed up matters. Here is a clipping from today's Pratidin:

* * *
Yesterday, I had a telephonic discussion with CGM, Mother Diary. He assured me that at least a temporary milk booth would be set up before Poila Baisakh. He appears to be a dynamic and active person. I think he will deliver.

4 comments:

  1. This is good news. Post office is an absolute necessity. Hopefully, they would set up something for AA-IIC as well in future.
    At AA-IIC, we don't have any bank, post-office, community market (eatables, grocery, milk, salon etc.) - hopefully our plight would also be considered some day.
    Thanks for taking this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me consult the planning wing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mr. Sen - I hope HIDCO pays special attention to AA-II this year. People would hesitate to move in unless a basic setup is in place. With three complexes in AA-IIC, I think there is enough quorum to get things started.

    I understand that these are time consuming and I appreciate the effort the government is putting in it. But most of us have put a lot of money to buy a flat here - it hurts to see that the basic infra is still far from being good.

    Regards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with the previous post. I also have a plot of land in AA II, which I got in 2000 and am still eagerly waiting for possession.

    I am sure there are more like me, individual plot holders, co-op plot holders and those invested in complexes who are waiting with anticipation, so that they can start their dream homes.

    I also feel that HIDCO should pay special attention to AA II now and ensure that the infrastructure work is complete.

    Lets hope our dream gets fulfilled at the earliest !

    ReplyDelete