Sunday, May 22, 2011

Face to face with CM

I was pleasantly surprised to note that the new CM, Ms Mamata Banerjee, recognised me by name when I, along with others of the IAS Association, met her on Friday (the date of swearing in, 20th May) to hand her a bouquet of flowers. It was 8 pm or so when we met her at Writers' Buildings. I remember the occasion when she'd led a delegation to the CEO's Office when I was the Chief Electoral Officer few years ago, demanding error-free rolls. Now, even on the first day when we were there to welcome her, she talked of a certain work by Monday. I could really sense that 'poribartan' had come and was here to stay.
* * *
Saturday the 22nd, I met MIC UD&MA and MIC Fisheries along with departmental officers and handed over introductory books on the departmental works.I was so glad to note that both the MICs were very good and eager to get off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment