Monday, September 27, 2010

Tara News and EVM

On Saturday, I had an interaction with the Election Commissioner of Bangladesh Brigadier General M. Shakhawat Hussain (retd) at theTara News studio. It was moderated by anchor Mr Mayeen Uddin Khan Badal, MP of Bangladesh. It was not a live recording: it will be telecast on Saturdays (9.30 pm I guess - they'll let me know later) and repeated on Sundays at 2.30 pm. There will be 3 episodes, 30 mintes each.
We compared the Bangladesh electoral system with Indian one.We talked of electoral reforms. We talked of ways in which role of money and muscle power could be reduced during elections.
..I was back to my old days !

Here is the link:
EVM
* * *
On Sunday I completed the article "Vote jantra janar adhikar" (Right to know the Voting Machine). I sent it to my friend Dipakbabu who'll publish it in his new tabloid.

1 comment: