Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Centre for Good Governance

Last Friday, just before I took the afternoon flight to Kolkata at Hyderabad, I paid a visit to the Centre of Good Governance. They are doing a study on the Urban Scenario in West Bengal and I thought that since I was in Hyderabad anyway, I might see what they were doing.
I had an introductory overview with their Director General Dr Rajiv Sharma. I was taken through an elaborate presentation by its e-Governance Cell. The whole visit was co-ordinated by their Urban Management Group, headed by Shri B. Shorey and Ms Naganika Sanga.

I think they are doing a great job - not only in the field of e-governance and urban management but also in areas such as RTI (Right to Information) and Civil Services Reform. I was given a copy of their recent publication Civil Services Survey - A Report. Quite a few startling revelations have been made therein. All civil servants and policy makers should find it very informative and illuminating.

No comments:

Post a Comment