Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kolkata Metro Board Meeting at Delhi

I attended the my second Board meeting of KMRC today at Delhi. Mr Navin Kumar, the new Secretary of Urban Development Ministry chaired. We decided to cancel the single tender on 'rolling stock' as the quoted price was high. In the new tender, there will be a PVC (Price Variation Clause) so that according to a formula, cost payable will change (increase OR decrease) as per change in international market prices. The formula adopted was a 'mix-n-match' of Delhi and Chennai Metro formulas

I learnt that General Managers of Metro & Eastern Railways were also directors but were not attending any meeting since May 2009. This was presumably because the railways wanted East West Metro also while the UD Ministry wanted to retain that as in Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai and Hyderabad.
* * *
In the UD Ministry, on way to the Board meeting, I bumped into Shri Saugata Roy, MoS,UD. I saw him for the first time as a sitting Minister, though I knew him well as  an MLA and MP candidate from my CEO days. I shared tea and coffee in his room, which is quite large and well furnished. I also met Rajesh Sinha, his PS, who had worked briefly with me in Burdwan when I wasDM there.

No comments:

Post a Comment